The Queensland Wine Industry Association is a member- based organisation representing the interests of wine producers, grape growers and other wine associated businesses in Queensland. As an association of wine industry businesses we encourage members to participate in the activities facilitated by the association and provide comment and input into discussions on matters related to aspects of our industry.
The Queensland Wine Industry Association working together to strengthen our industry
QWIA supports the industry by:
- disseminating up to date information of importance to the industry
- working with other industry bodies and governments to ensure maximum benefits
- advocating on behalf of our industry
- engaging with media and consumers to promote our industry
- supporting regional bodies in developing their profile
Full membership of QWIA will entitle grape growers full membership of Wine Grape Growers of Australia (WGGA)
Membership Categories and Fees
|Wine Grape Grower||$275|
|Wine Producer less than 100Tonnes||$275|
|Wine Producer equal or greater than100Tonnes||$400|
|Students (under18 years)||$50|
|Other Businesses/Associations/Educational Facilities
We are once again offering joint membership of QWIA and the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia (WFA) at a significant discount for those wineries interested in this option. Please fill out the attached form and return it with payment to WFA and send a copy of the form to QWIA at email@example.com
Note – If you are taking up the joint membership, you do not need to pay the attached QWIA invoice, but rather make joint membership payment direct to WFA and send a copy of the remittance to QWIA.
QWIA make a substantial contribution toward the Queensland Wine Industry for the benefits of its members. Some of the highlights this past year include;
- Co-ordinating technical and marketing seminars
- Managing the Queensland Wine Awards
- Providing a comprehensive monthly newsletter for members on current industry issues and opportunities
- Applying for GWRDC funding to support seminars and project funding for the industry (a direct return from grape and wine levies paid)
- Providing representation on the Small Winemakers Committee of the WFA
- Engaging with Wine Australia’s initiatives.
- Providing a web-site and digital marketing strategy for Queensland Wine
- Advising and liaising with Government and Tourism bodies on behalf of the Queensland Wine Industry matters.
As a member organisation, all of the Directors work on a voluntary basis and need your support to continue to improve the Queensland Wine Industry Association for the benefit of all members
You can contact any of your Directors (listed below) for more information.
Nick Pesudovs – 0415 741 474
Jim Barnes – 0438 852 197
Simon Berry – 0414 230 128
Mike Hayes – 4684 1256
Thomas Honnef – 0414992371
Steve Messiter – 4684 3186
John Mullins – 3378 1150
I look forward to working with you as we continue to develop our industry into profitable and sustainable enterprises.
Any enquiries about membership can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org